What do I do if I am involved in an auto accident?

If you are involved in a minor collision where there are no visible signs of injury to persons involved and the vehicles are drivable then move your vehicle out of the traveled portion of the roadway. Cars left in the road contribute to traffic back-ups, which can cause other collisions. In fact, State law requires that motorists move their cars from freeways. Call the police and exchange driver information.

Accidents resulting in $1000 in damage must be reported to the Texas Department of Transportation. This is either done by the officer investigating the collision or by the parties involved by filling out a self reporting accident report (CR-2 or "Blue Form").

Show All Answers

1. What are the requirements for new water, sewer and garbage service?
2. How soon do I need to call in to get water service?
3. Can I pay my bill by credit card?
4. Why is my water bill so high?
5. How can I tell if my toilet has a silent leak?
6. How can I tell if I have a leak?
7. How can the meter reader read my meter if there is so much dirt on it?
8. Where is the police department located?
9. What are the contact numbers for the Alvarado Police Department?
10. What do I do if I am involved in an auto accident?
11. When should I call 9-1-1?